Saturday, December 31, 2011

Season's Greetings and Happy New Year!

As 2011 draws to a close, I would like to thank you all for checking out "The Next Generation Gardener" and letting me share my thoughts, experiences, and my plants with you over the past year. It's been an incredible season with so much to remember, so much to learn from, and so much to take with me for the rest of my life as I evolved: both as a professional and as a person this year.

More and more, I'm really beginning to get a better sense of who I am, what I do, and what I have to offer as a person and also as a gardener. I have many things I can look forward to next year such as the implementation of my new business plan and the numerous events and speaking engagements I've been invited to.As always, Landwave Gardens will continue to grow and develop and provide me with one of the few things in my life I can always rely on in bringing me joy and satisfaction no matter what. Whether its a bad growing season, a pest or disease infestation, or even if the house/property is foreclosed, the presence of plants and flowers in my life always come through to remind me of just how great life can truly be.

On a more personal note: this was a year where I felt like I really gave it my all to make things happen in my life that would benefit me, my future and the people/environment around me. Going to England for the Chelsea Flower Show and meeting new friends, gardens and nurseries while I was there was a tremendous experience and a dream fulfilled. And for me to reconnect and develop a closer relationship with my family was another triumph that I hope continues to progress.

Then, of course, there's the harsh realization that no matter how hard you try and how much you give, there will always be things that you just won't have control over. Whether it's a bad growing season or even how someone truly feels about you, you have to try to tell yourself that you did what you could, you stayed true to yourself and that's all that matters. It's incredibly painful to have to deal with it and it will take time to heal.

Yes, I'm ending 2011 on a very difficult, very emotional note. Part of me feels like this was all meant to be and God and the powers above and around are trying to keep me in check: have your great highs and have your depressing and emotional lows because that's life. Staying balanced is the challenge.

All in all, it was an amazing year that I won't ever forget and it will only make me a stronger person: a person that now knows who he is and who he wants to be for himself and everyone around him.

Much love and all the best to you all in 2012.




Riz








No comments:

Post a Comment