Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Upcoming Events: Saturday, September 7th

I feel silly promoting two events, both of which are happening at the same time, but both are awesome and well worth attending. If you can make it to both, then you're simply insane and I'll LOVE IT! Hahaha


So, the famed Heronswood Nursery will be opening its gates for you all to see the wonderful progress being made to restore the grounds to its former splendor. This garden open will also showcase the wonderful specialty nurseries in our region that will come together and offer a wonderful assortment of exciting and rare plants that will be fully grown and ready to get established in your garden!



One of the vendors in attendance is someone I've been wanting to introduce you all to and is looking for some support for an upcoming PLANT COLLECTING EXPEDITION in China!  Arlen Hill of Keeping it Green Nursery has been a regular participant in all the major plant sales and garden events the past few years! Specializing in native and rare exotics, he grows a wonderful assortment of specialty plants for not only collectors, but for avid enthusiasts who like to putter around the yard, but are seeking something unique and different. Arlen is a fellow "Next Generation Gardener" in his 30's and is an avid hiker and this will be his first foray into the wilds of China botanizing and collecting plants!

Visit his tables and check out his great plants and ask about how you can contribute towards this venture or if you can't make it, visit their website and you can make a contribution online!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------

Ok! And here's another event you'll also want to attend!! HAHAHAHA....

I'm giving at talk at the famous Christianson's Nursery up in Mt. Vernon!!    I ran into them at the Flower and Garden Show and seemed so stoked to have me come and give a talk!!!

I'll be presenting a talk about my travels, experiences and what I see is the future of gardening and horticulture and those who have inspired and mentored me and also those who are joining me as the next generation of gardeners!




I had a chance to visit this remarkable nursery this summer and was quite impressed at their gardens, their plant selection and the wonderful country feel walking through the grounds and greenhouses packed of wonderful goodies. I'm so looking forward to this talk and I hope enough people have signed up!!




I hate to have to choose, myself, but I kind of have to choose MYSELF to attend MY OWN talk! HAHAHA

Either way, you'll have a wonderful time, a great opportunity to learn and shop, but you might come home with a cool new plant if you attend my talk! HAHAHAH!!!


Cheers,


Riz

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could attend your lecture...drat! I'm sure it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get a speaking gig down there in Oregon in the near future! =)

      Delete