Saturday, May 5, 2012

In Defense of Camellias

A fellow "next generation gardener" in North Carolina shared this video that I just have to share with you all.

I met Brienne Gluvna at the Garden Writer's Association symposium a few years ago that took place in Raleigh. I was thrilled to meet someone that was fairly close to my age work intensely and know so much! It was refreshing and, obviously, we clicked!

She's given me tips on propagating and I've also ordered some fantastic plants from Camellia Forest Nursery. Absolutely wonderful stuff and worth having a look! Their plants are really excellent and well grown!






R

1 comment:

  1. As is the case with so many large groups of plants, the best ones tend to be the rarest and hardest to find, while the common ones are (mostly) relatively less exciting. I'd grow a Camellia crapnelliana if I could find one... and probably a few others as well!

    ReplyDelete