Monday, May 19, 2014

Buying less plants, but making new friends: Hortlandia 2014

I'm so very behind with NGG, but I'm gonna attempt to catch you all up anyway! I've blogged about this plant sale before as I've considered it the very best of our region because of the wonderful selection of rare and unusual oddities, but it's also made special due to the wonderful people and friends that I've met over the years that make the long three-hour drive (I hate driving long distances) so definitely worth it.

So let me take you back to April when I made my annual spring drive down to Portland, OR to hang out with planty friends and attend the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon's plant sale dubbed, "HORTLANDIA"!

The really big difference this season is I'm not able to splurge and purchase plants like I used to. It Without my own personal garden anymore, I've really had to show restraint and avoid buying plants that won't have an immediate home. So mostly, I aimed to shop for clients.

The crowd this plant sale generates is incredible!

Moments before customers flood the floors of the Portland Expo Center

The "FLOOD" Hmmm...you can see floor...must either be lunch time or it's the second day of the sale, which is traditionally slower.
The guys from Sebright Gardens have the best shelving/delivery system for their plants!
And here's their gorgeous display of Hostas, ferns, Epimediums and other shade loving plants from Salem, OR. Kirk and Thomas are two of the nicest guys with some pretty extraordinary plants.

I'm always excited to help out at the Cistus booth with all their incredible selections of plants for everyone!

Prior to the sale, however, I was able to meet up with some plant friends and fellow garden bloggers. Scott Weber of Rhone Street Gardens and Loree Bohl of Danger Gardens joined by other local Portlanders and a few friends from Washington also made it down!

We hit up Xera Plants retail space in Portland where we held the EMERGENT get-together last summer. Then a nursery none of us have ventured to: Secret Garden Growers in Canby, OR. A lovely specialty nursery with a great selection of choice perennial plants.

Loree and avid gardener Ryan Miller chat's with Greg at Xera Plants

Perusing the plants at Secret Garden Growers in Canby, OR

A sweet little Columbine I couldn't resist at SGG: Aquilegia viridiflora 'Chocolate Soldier'. What's so special about this tiny flower with a muddy color?  IT'S FRAGRANT!

Discussing our finds and what we should have for lunch! lol

Loree found her plant of the day and she made sure no goat was gonna get a nibble!!!

 This gang of Portland gardeners are a wonderful bunch and I feel honored to have gotten to know them. We all crossed paths at the plant sale to add to our acquisitions for the weekend where I came away with just a few things. I'm glad I found a few larger plants for a client!


And a trip to PDX isn't complete without a visit to Cistus Design in Sauvie Island.


 R

11 comments:

  1. I love Portland gardeners. They give much space to learn and get something new and fresh. Thanks for posting! I'm waiting for your new posts, Riz!
    Nolan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WITH EFFECTIVE RESULT EMAIL DR GREAT AT INFINITYLOVESPELL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM +2348118829899

      OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony.. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 15TH OF MAY 2021, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR GREAT on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until DR GREAT did it for me and restored my marriage of 8 years and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR GREAT you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. Email Dr Great at

      infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899

      BLOG http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com





      POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WITH EFFECTIVE RESULT EMAIL DR GREAT AT INFINITYLOVESPELL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM +2348118829899

      OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony.. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 15TH OF MAY 2021, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR GREAT on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until DR GREAT did it for me and restored my marriage of 8 years and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR GREAT you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. Email Dr Great at

      infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899

      BLOG http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. you can buy plants online along with bonsai tools which are available on various ecommerce websites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to explain this.. I am overwhelmed with happiness, You say it and it comes to pass Dr Oniha..OMG! This is more like a miracle. You are a God sent to me..I love you and I will forever testify about your services to other people who are also facing marital problems. You make my whole life a living testimony. My Man is back according to your word. All thanks to you Dr Oniha. I will forever be grateful to you. Bless you! Bless you!! bless you!!! Anyone out there having similar problems in his/her marital home should contact this great spell caster he can be of help. Contact Dr Oniha on his website or email.
    onihaspelltemple@gmail.com
    CALL/Whatsapp number +16692213962
    Website: onihaspells.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very grateful to Dr oluba, for bringing my husband who left me for another woman, that moment my husband Left me I thought I lost everything until a friend of my gave me Dr oluba, WhatsApp contact, I messaged him and told him the pain I was going through so he told me that everything was going to be fine that if I have the faith and believe in him that the spell will surely work for me and my husband will surely come back home and he told me what to do, so those things were done and 24 hrs later my husband came back home begging for my forgiveness, am so happy and grateful to Dr oluba, if you need his help email him at olubasolutiontemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +1(518)293-0860...



    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤️❤️Franca Adelson is my name from Netherlands I am very happy to tell everyone to hear this I have been married for four 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage another woman had to take my husband from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have 2 years ago until I met a message where this guy doctor4mavoo@gmail.com helped someone and I decided to try him to help me bring my husband back home and believe me I just send my picture for him and my husband's and after 48 hours as he told me i saw a car drive into the house and behold it was my husband and he came to me and the kids and that's why i'm glad every one of you has same encounter with this man and have your lover or husband back to yourself. You can contact him through his email;;
    doctor4mavoo@gmail.com
    doctor4mavoo@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp +905344627907

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤️❤️Franca Adelson is mijn naam uit Nederland Ik ben erg blij om iedereen te vertellen dit te horen Ik ben vier jaar getrouwd en op het vijfde jaar van mijn huwelijk moest een andere vrouw mijn man van mij afnemen en mijn man verliet mij en de kinderen en we hebben 2 jaar geleden totdat ik een bericht ontmoette waarin deze man doctor4mavoo@gmail.com iemand hielp en ik besloot hem te proberen om me te helpen mijn man terug naar huis te brengen en geloof me ik stuur gewoon mijn foto voor hem en die van mijn man en na 48 uur, zoals hij me vertelde, zag ik een auto het huis binnenrijden en zie, het was mijn man en hij kwam naar mij en de kinderen en daarom ben ik blij dat ieder van jullie dezelfde ontmoeting heeft met deze man en dat je jouw minnaar of echtgenoot terug naar jezelf. U kunt contact met hem opnemen via zijn e-mail;;
    doctor4mavoo@gmail.com
    doctor4mavoo@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp +905344627907

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genuine and Amazing service on how to get back your ex to whom it may concern, After spending hours searching the internet about how to get my lover back i was glad that i contacted Dr Ogaga without wasting much time i would like to write out the details of Dr Ogaga whose details has done a lot of people a huge favor, whats-App him on +2347059387282

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello viewer am Albert mike from Kenya 30 years old am here to share my testimony on how i joined the brotherhood of illuminati.. four months back when i wanted to join the brotherhood i was scammed by fake agents and people pretending to be Grand Master use the website.. until i met a friend MR BERRY WARD who gave me the genuine procedures i followed and made me a member of the great brotherhood of illuminati. today i am living a good life and i have enough money to do all i ever wanted .if u are interested and u need the help of my Initiator Berry. Call or Whats'App +447852902271 MR Berry ward Email: grandmasterilluminati29@gmail.com thanks Berry, am living the dream i will forever be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew there was a great possibility for me to have my man back to me until I met DR ISIKOLO. It was really tough on me when my boyfriend left me for another lady. I was devastated and couldn't get myself back. His friends and family did all they could to reunite us but it proved abortive. I was alone for some months and could not see myself loving another. So i had to seek help from DR ISIKOLO who gave me the privilege to ensure my heart desires was granted. He reunited us and the love and happiness was restored. His words is his bound and he never fails when he promises anyone 48 hours of getting the result which amazed me when my own result manifested. Don't bother seeking help elsewhere. Contact him now. His email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or text him via WhatsApp: +234-8133261196.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Dorothy Karl. Marital woes got me into a big mess which unfortunately led to divorcing my husband. I went through a whole lot for almost a year. I tried moving on and I couldn't because I was left heart broken and shattered and had two kids to cater for all alone. In all this, I never stopped loving my ex husband and I kept trying to fix our union again till I found out about DR ISIKOLO who was widely known on the internet for helping people. I had to contact him and got to know he can help me as well which he did when I complied with him. He restored the bond between me and my husband and the divorce was annulled and we are happier together even more than I ever imagined. He is trusted and reliable and in just 2 days, the result of his work will manifest without doubts. email him via: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com You can also WhatsApp him on +2348133261196.

    ReplyDelete