Monday, July 6, 2009

Overwhelmed.

What an odd and somewhat frustrating weekend.

I had three days to just unwind, work in the garden and nursery, and rest after another busy week, but for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about all the work that still needed to be done, the pending work I have for several clients, the ongoing issues with the house, and the fact that I've turned down every single invitation for 4th of July festivities really got to me. On top of all this, I've had a recurring headache all weekend. Overall, I've just been in a negative mood and frame of mind.

So, what does one do to get away from all this? Apparently, I had no clue because no matter what I did this weekend, it felt like work, but I wasn't getting paid for it. Am I burning out? Could it just be the weather: the lack of rain and watching parts of the garden fry even before I can set out the hose and sprinkler? Did I put more on my plate without realizing it? Again?!

I've never felt so overwhelmed with everything. It seems like everywhere I looked, a new task was calling...no...SCREAMING to be done. Even the most beautiful flowers that grace the garden at this time of year demands more of my attention rather than my admiration. ("Ahh..need new photos to post on the blog!!") hhehehe..

Now, I've overcome a lot of things over the years and I firmly believe this is just another stage I need to endure and I will learn from it.

When I look at the bigger picture, I'm doing a lot of things I've always wanted to do and maybe I just need to get used to the time constraints and demands, take some time to get fully organized, and I think, most importantly right now, GET MORE SLEEP!

G'nite,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment