Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meeting "A Man Named Pearl"

My co-worker told me about this documentary awhile back. I haven't had time to check it out, but these past few weeks, this title began to surface and it came up during a chat amongst gardening friends. Then I got an email reminder about Northwest Horticultural Society's lecture series and realized that Pear Fryar was our speaker!!

His story is really compelling, hearing about it and watching this trailer, I'm already being moved to tears and being reminded of the human component to gardening and why most of us garden. Sometimes it takes a bit of adversity to discover a passion and be motivated to create something beautiful for everyone to see.

I think everyone should attend this lecture or, at least, see the movie. I really should invest in Netflix.

Click here for lecture location and information from NHS.



1 comment: