Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Flower Show through the eyes...er lens of a non-plant person

So I met Hyejin through a former ex of mine and learned that she was an avid photographer. She asked if I wanted pictures of my plants, flowers and gardens and a few weeks back, a group of mutual friends, including Hyejin, hit up Washington Park Arboretum's Winter Garden. This was her first time visiting the WPA and she seemed to enjoy herself!

.
She will kill me for posting this! LOL

I asked her to join me during press day at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show so she can practice her photography.

As an employee of Microsoft, this was quite a departure for her, but I think she enjoyed being able to see the show and be around people who promote events such as this so she kind of has an idea of why it's a big deal for a lot of us. One of my aims was to see what she would capture and what caught her attention as someone who didn't really look at plants, flowers and gardens on a regular basis.


Here's a link to the result of her observations. I find it remarkable how she's able to compose such great shots.

It just goes to show how the beauty and lure of gardening and nature is so powerful and transcends to a broad range of people.

Oh yes, she also does amazing portraits and more "artsy" stuff. Check out her work and give her some feedback! Her Flickr page.




Cheers,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment