Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall Plant Sales...Landwave Style

I feel it. I totally feel it!

It's that crisp cool air in the morning when I step out the door. The cotton candy scent of Katsura gently teasing my nose....

and the realization that I have a buttload of plants I need to move because I ain't overwintering this crap. "NEEDS TO GO....NEEDS TO GO" says one Bon Qui Qui. (Mad TV parody joke, sorry)

ok...switching gears for a moment....you must check out this skit:


----------------------------

Heheh..seriously though, it's that time of year when the rains have finally started here and there, the soil is slightly more saturated than before and in a few weeks, FALL PLANTING WILL BE IN FULL SWING!

This means specialty nurseries will be getting their best plants to offer and sell at one of many local fall plant sales on the hort calendar:



First one comes this weekend at the Bellevue Botanic Gardens with NPA (Northwest Perennial Alliance) selling a wide assortment of perennials from the borders.

Saturday, September 12, 11 am - 3 pm

Then NEXT week, I'll be vending plants at the much anticipated NHS (Northwest Horticultural Society) plant sale.

Friday, Sept. 18, 12-6:30pm
Saturday, Sept. 19, 9am-3pm
Warren G. Magnuson Park
7400 Sand Point Way, Seattle


Then there's the popular Fall Bulb and Plant Sale at the Arboretum's Grahams Visitor Center that I'll try and attend as well:


Sunday, October 4, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday, October 5, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.


My cousin has been the mastermind in helping me brand myself as I move forward with my horticultural endeavors. A few months back, we collaborated on my logo, designed my business card, and now I've asked him to compose a banner for me take with me when I attend and take part in local plant sales.

Nio creating banner


For someone who's not really a plant person, he has a very keen eye as he went through a few photos I selected as the background for the banner. This was his first composition and immediately, we both liked it.

I hope you all like it as well as it will hang on the edge of my table at local plant sales from now on.

Brownie points for anyone who can guess what plant he used as the background for my banner!


Riz

P.S. I wonder if I'm more like Bon Qui Qui, I can boost my nursery sales calling out "SE-KUR-ITY!!" if they refuse to buy a plant from me. Don't make me "CUT-CHU!"!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment